Create a unique website, not just a Facebook page:
- Wordpress - Powerful, but easy and simple. For local businesses I suggest activating the Structure or Liquorice theme.
It's a great idea to go portable. Create a free mobile smartphone-friendly site:
- Google Sites - New templates to be sure your customers can view info anywhere.
Set up your place pages on the following directories and guides:
Set up social profiles (*if you plan to maintain them, a stale profile says nothing good about you):
- Facebook - The first place your customers search to con
- Twitter - Out of your element? Check out help center tips like 'How to Promote your Profile'.
- Communicate with your customers face-to-face and online. Find out how they use the Internet and social media in their daily lives and in making purchase decisions. Learn and experiment with the tools available.
Have a question? Ask Google. Chances are, someone's got an explanation for what you're trying to figure out.